This year, users have the ability to manage their organization’s profile information directly through EPC. Also new in FY2016, the information you add to your organization’s profile will automatically populate into your E-rate Program forms.
If you still need to set up a user account, see last week’s post for instructions.
We strongly encourage you to update missing/incorrect information now while it is still early in the application process! It’s essential to make sure all information is accurate, as it will auto populate in your form.
Update your organization’s profile
Managing your organization’s profile is easy. To view an organization’s current profile information, click its name on the landing page.
To update/add information, select “Related Actions” from the left-hand navigation menu, then “Manage Organization.” The editable fields are outlined in grey. We recommend checking for these items in your organization’s profile:
- All member entities (individual schools/libraries) are listed,
- All non-instructional facilities (NIFs) are listed,
- Your consulting firm is listed (if you have one), and
- The organization is affiliated with its consortium (if applicable).
If need help with bullets 1-2, call us. If need to complete bullets 3-4, stay tuned for next week’s blog posts.
Info that will automatically populate in your form
Here are some examples of information you can update in advance that will automatically populate when you’re filing forms:
- Your organization’s name and address,
- The recipients of service (individual schools, individual libraries, or consortium members),
- Attributes like non-instructional facility, new construction, Adult Education and Head Start (for schools), bookmobiles and kiosks (for libraries),
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP) student counts and alternative discount mechanisms (schools only),
- Square footage, main branch, and public school district of the main branch (libraries only),
- Past contracts you have signed, and uploaded copies of the contracts,
- Answers to connectivity questions (school districts and library systems only).
Having your organization’s profile up-to-date in advance will make it faster and easier to complete your application.